Historic Frisco One-room Schoolhouse Bell Tower, Colorado. See this photograph in a larger size on Fine Art America by clicking on Frisco Schoolhouse Bell Tower.
A beautiful Victorian bell tower crowns the old Frisco one-Room Schoolhouse in Frisco, Colorado. This cupola, designed by Victorian architect Elias Nashold in 1882, was moved from another school house before that building was torn down in 1909.
Marked for destruction, a citizens’ group saved the building and acquired it and the surrounding land for a museum, called the Frisco Historic Park, which the Town of Frisco officially dedicated and opened as the Frisco Historic Park & Museum on July 2, 1983.
The schoolhouse, which is in its original location, contains original blackboards and school desks. The museum also contains information about Ute people, Dillon Reservoir, mining, late 1800s clothing, and photographs.
The Frisco Historic Park includes other original Frisco buildings from the late 1800s, including a log chapel, jail, trapper’s cabin and furnished homes.
The Frisco Schoolhouse was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983.
Monarch Peak in the Rocky Mountains looms over the historic Mayville School in Maysville, Colorado, which attracts attention in this spectacular scene with its bright red siding.
A distinctive cross-gabled bell tower crowns the roof of the red clapboard
wood-frame rural schoolhouse. Built in 1882, the building’s current one story
configuration dates from 1912. The east side of the school building housed the single classroom, while the teacher lived in in living quarters in the west end. The school continued in operation until 1939.
The Maysville School was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1999.
Both of these photographs are available for sale on Fine Art America as wall art, greeting cards, on home decor, phone cases, towels, blankets, tote bags, mugs, shirts and other clothing and more. See all of my work on Fine Art America by clicking on https://catherine-sherman.pixels.com/
The Star School near McCalve, Colorado in Bent County. The school was built in 1899 and went out of service in 1952. Click on the photograph to see this image on Fine Art America.